CONSTITUTION AND BY-LAWS OF THE U.S. SUBMARINE VETERANS – RV’ERS
Amendment 1 August 17, 2016
ARTICLE I NAME
The official name of this organization shall be, U.S. SUBMARINE VETERANS – RV’ERS. The name may be shortened to, U.S.SUB VETS – RV’ers or Sub Vets RV’ers. The organization will be a national organization in scope and will not come under the control or supervision of any other organization. The principal office address shall be that of a current designated officer, normally the Secretary.
ARTICLE II PURPOSE
The purpose of this organization shall be to provide members with information on RV parking at U.S. Submarine functions and to ensure that the chairman of each U.S. Submarine function is aware of the needs of U.S. SUB VETS – RV’ers attending the function. To provide opportunities for the membership to enjoy good fellowship and pleasant use of their RV’s by disseminating information to the membership. This will include but not be limited to members offering other members overnight RV parking at their homes while traveling through their area.
ARTICLE III MEMBERSHIP
SECTION A: Membership in this organization shall be open to any person designated “Qualified in Submarines” and authorized to wear an appropriate Submarine Warfare insignia (i.e., Dolphins). Members of the U.S. SUB VETS – RV’ers shall not be required to be a member of any other organization.
SECTION B: Each membership includes only husband, wife or significant other, meeting the requirements specified in Section A, and any children living with them. Membership is for one year unless the Life Membership option is elected.
SECTION C: All annual memberships expire August 15th. Members still in arrears sixty (60) days beyond August 15th shall be removed from the rolls. Notice to renew memberships will be in the form of a reminder in the newsletter.
SECTION D: Annual membership dues shall be Ten dollars ($10.00) per year payable by August 15th of the current year. Advance dues may be paid at any time during the year. Lifetime dues will be Thirty dollars ($30.00) plus Ten dollars ($10.00) first year dues for a total of Forty dollars ($40.00).
SECTION E: In the event that membership dues specified in SECTION D are eliminated or no longer required, the dissolution of the Treasury will be conducted in accordance with ARTICLE X. SECTIONS A and B.
ARTICLE IV OFFICERS
SECTION A: The officers of this organization shall be:
2. Vice President
5. Wagon Master
SECTION B: A nominating committee will be appointed by the President to establish a slate of officers to be presented to the membership at the annual meeting. Nominations from the floor will be accepted.
SECTION C: Officers shall be elected at an annual business meeting of the organization. Officers elected shall assume office at the close of the business meeting and shall serve until the close of the next annual business meeting.
SECTION D: In the event of a vacancy occurring due to death or other incapacity, the vacancy shall be filled by appointment of the President and approved by the other officers.
ARTICLE V DUTIES OF OFFICERS
SECTION A: PRESIDENT
1. Shall preside at all meetings of the organization.
2. Shall enforce the Constitution and By-Laws of the organization.
3. Shall appoint committees as necessary.
4. Shall fill any vacancies occurring and have such powers as normally pertain to the principal office holder.
SECTION B: VICE PRESIDENT
1. Shall assist the President and act as President in his absence. In the event of a vacancy in the office of President due to death or other incapacity of that officer; assume those duties and appoint a new Vice President as prescribed in Article IV, Section D of these Constitution and By-Laws.
2. Shall insure that information is sent to the Secretary and Newsletter Editor about any activities that will involve U.S. SUB VETS – RV’ers for publication in the organization’s newsletter. At a minimum the location of the activity, cost and what facilities are available.
SECTION C: SECRETARY
1. Shall attend to all correspondence.
2. Shall record the minutes of all meetings.
3. Shall perform the duties of the Newsletter Editor, unless one is appointed. Publish and post the Quarterly Newsletter on the Web site.
4. Shall maintain a “Stop and Visit” list. Make the list available on the Web site and in the 1st Quarter Newsletter.
SECTION D: TREASURER
1. Shall keep all financial records of the organization and make them available for inspection upon request of the Officers.
2. Shall receive all contributions and dues, depositing them in an approved financial institution.
3. Shall pay all authorized and approved expenses.
4. Shall give a complete financial report at the business meeting of the organization.
5. Shall maintain an inventory of U.S. SUB VETS – RV’ers membership cards, decals and patches. Provide additional U.S. SUB VETS – RV’ers decals and patches to members at cost.
6. Issue a membership card, decal and patch to all new members as part of a welcome aboard package.
7. Shall maintain an accurate up-to-date roster of all members. Update annual membership cards as necessary
8. Shall upon relief, deliver to his/her successor all organization’s books, monies and properties of the organization in his/her possession.
SECTION E: WAGONMASTER
1. Shall work with the Chairman or Coordinator of any U.S. Submarine function to ensure adequate accommodations are available for U.S. SUB VETS – RV’ers.
2. Shall keep the Vice President, Secretary and Newsletter Editor advised of accommodations and cost for U.S. SUB VETS – RV’ers at U.S. Submarine functions for which the Wagon Master is responsible as well as directions to such function.
ARTICLE VI MEETINGS AND PORTS OF CALL
SECTION A: The business meeting of the organization will normally be held during the National Convention of the United States Submarine Veterans, Inc. (includes United States Submarine Veterans of World War II), as determined by a vote of the membership.
SECTION B: Social gatherings may be held at any time in conjunction with other U.S. Submarine functions or activities such as regional rallies.
ARTICLE VII COMMITTEES
SECTON A: The President shall appoint all committees necessary to promote general interest and to provide benefits for participating members and to ensure successful operation of the organization during the ensuing year.
SECTION B: All committees shall consist of a Chairman and as many members that it is deemed necessary to accomplish the task of the committee. The committee chair shall report either orally or in writing to the Vice President in sufficient time to publish applicable information to the membership.
ARTICLE VIII CONDUCT OF MEETINGS
SECTION A: The rules of the parliamentary practice contained in the “ROBERTS RULES OF ORDER; Revised Edition” shall govern the organization in all cases to which they are applicable except when they are inconsistent with the Constitution and By-Laws of the organization.
SECTION B: ORDER OF BUSINESS FOR BUSINESS MEETING.
1. Call to order.
2. Ensure all have signed sailing list.
3. Introduce guest.
4. Reading and acceptance of minutes from previous meeting.
5. Reading and acceptance of Treasurer’s report.
6. Reports of Officers:
b. Vice President
c. Secretary (correspondence and membership)
e. Wagon master
7. Committee reports.
8. Old Business.
9. New Business.
10. Vote on the next annual business meeting time and location.
11. Election of Officers.
12. Installation of New Officers.
13. Good of the Order.
ARTICLE IX AMENDMENTS
SECTION A: Proposed amendments to these Constitution and By-Laws must be submitted to the Secretary in writing.
SECTION B: The proposed amendment, in its final form shall be sent to each member in the last newsletter prior to the organization’s business meeting.
SECTION C: Such proposed amendments shall automatically be an item on the business meeting agenda and disposed of by a vote of the membership.
SECTION D: Voting by the membership may be in the form of mail in ballots, E-mail ballots, voting in person at meeting or by phone. Only members in good standing will have a vote.
SECTION E: Amendments passed by a fifty-one percent (51%) affirmative vote of those members voting will take effect immediately.
ARTICLE X DISSOLUTION OF THE ORGANIZATION
SECTION A: Upon dissolution of the U.S. SUB VETS – RV’ers, the funds in the treasury will be used first to pay all outstanding legal debts of the U.S. SUB VETS – RV’ers.
SECTION B: The balance of the funds left after all debts are paid shall be donated to Submarine Related Non-Profit Charity or Charities as directed in the dissolution order.
Amendment 1 August 17, 2017
Opens club membership to all personnel “Qualified in Submarines”. Clarifies duties of the Officers into single task line items. Provides an agenda item for the annual membership meeting for the voting for the meeting location. Provides an article for the dissolution of the organization. Corrects minor typographical and format errors.